In the following I will give you 6 tips on how to start your own indie electronic music label. In my next blog post I will go more in detail about each step.
1. Make a business plan
2. Choose your music niche
3. Choose a label name
4. Register your business
5. Create an online presence and marketing plan
6. Find your music
It’s no secret that the music industry has gone through some major changes in the past few years.
Once upon a time, if you wanted to get your music out there and heard by people, you had to do it through labels. In the 21st century, we are watching the traditional model of music distribution dying off (slowly but surely) and getting replaced with new methods of distribution.
The internet has completely changed how we listen to music. We used to have to listen to radio stations for our favorite songs, or wait for MTV or VH1 to play the latest video. Now we can search for a song on Google and listen to it instantly with Youtube. We can stream whatever album we want right from our phones. It’s an amazing time for music lovers.
If you’re an artist who wants to get your music out there, you have more options than ever before. Today I want to share with you six tips on how to start your own indie electronic music label.
There are many people out there that are looking to start their very own indie electronic music label. This can be a profitable business venture, but it is not the easiest thing in the world to do. One of the best things you can do to help yourself is to learn as much as possible about the business before you get started. This will help you avoid some of the pitfalls that others have fallen into and make sure that you are well on your way to success.
In this article, I am going to share with you my top six tips for starting your own indie electronic music label.
1. Get a Business Plan
This is one of the first things that you should do when starting an indie electronic music label. You need to have a plan of action in place and know what direction you are going to take your business before you ever get started. Without a plan, your business is sure to fail because there is no way for it to succeed without one.
2. Build Your Team
Before you begin building your indie electronic music label, it is important that you put together a team of people who will be able to help you get things done. Having people working behind the scenes can be very helpful and will make everything go more smoothly than if you were doing everything
If you’re considering starting your own record label, I’d suggest you start with these six tips. They’re not necessarily the most important steps, but they are a good place to start and will give you a feel for what’s involved.
1. Define your goals and objectives for your indie electronic music label.
2. Develop a plan for how to make your label a success. For example, set out the types of releases you want to be working on and how long it will take you to get them ready for release.
3. Identify which markets or genres you want to target, and research them thoroughly before you begin releasing music in those areas.
4. Decide whether you are going to focus on one genre of music or release records in multiple genres. If it makes sense to expand into multiple genres, then go ahead and do so – but make sure that each genre is relevant to your market.
5. Find appropriate distributors who can help distribute your indie electronic music label’s releases throughout the world, as well as provide press kits, promotional materials and other support services that may be necessary for success in today’s competitive market environment.
6. Find an appropriate name for your label, preferably one that
It seems like everyone and their mother is starting their own indie label these days. This article will help you get started, but if you’re looking for a step-by-step guide, check out our free eBook on How to Start Your Own Label.
1. Choose your niche
Before jumping into anything, it’s important to figure out what kind of music you want to release. This can be the hardest part of starting a new label, as there are thousands of genres in electronic music. Make it easier for yourself and choose an area you already have some knowledge about (and hopefully love). If you don’t know where to start, pick something that’s trending at the moment. In electronic music, trends come and go quickly, so don’t let this affect your decision too much though. Just remember: Every genre has its fans!
2. Get inspired
As soon as you’ve decided on a genre or niche, try to find a few record labels that inspire you. Listening to their releases and getting a feel for what they do right will help you later on when creating your own sound. Don’t just stick to big labels though! There are probably plenty of great small labels that you could work with in the future. Their artists will be more accessible and
Are you into Indie music and feel like you could do better than the existing indie labels?
1. Know what you are getting yourself into
2. Don’t be afraid to take risks
3. Have a support system
4. Always be on the lookout for new talent
5. Don’t give up your day job
6. Don’t be afraid of failure