Welcome back to our blog! Today we’re going to be talking about the top 6 things you must have to DJ like a pro. But first, let’s see what some of our customers have said about us:
“I’ve been coming here for years and they’ve always had great service.”-Linda B.
“They’re so kind and friendly.”-Henry K.
“The prices are just right.”-John S.
Have you ever been to a party and thought, “This DJ is absolutely horrible!”? If so, don’t worry – you’re not alone.
Dull, lifeless and vapid DJ sets are more common than we like to admit. That’s why I’ve put together this list of the top six items you must have if you want to become a great DJ. With these tools in your arsenal, you’ll be able to keep the party going all night long!
No turntables are going to work without needles! It’s crucial that you replace your needles whenever they start to wear down. You can tell when they need changing because the sound will start to get scratchy and distorted.
A mixer may seem like an obvious necessity for any DJ, but you’d be surprised at how many people try to mix with nothing more than a laptop. A mixer is what makes your setup truly professional by allowing multiple inputs and outputs, which in turn gives you more control over the music.
You might think it’s possible to mix just by looking at the speakers, but that would be like driving blindfolded! In order to have a smooth transition between songs, you need something that lets
You can’t just start off spinning like a pro. It takes time, patience, and practice. There are many things you must have to DJ like a pro:
1) Some sort of DJ software. Serato and Traktor are the most popular ones.
2) A controller to go with the software. These range from cheap to extremely expensive. Just make sure the controller works well with your software of choice.
3) Headphones! You need these to listen to what’s playing in the other ear so that you can keep beat matching and generally rocking out on the decks.
4) A laptop or desktop computer that can run your DJ software smoothly, without lag or skipping. If your laptop isn’t cutting it, you might want to consider building a computer specifically for DJing on.
5) A good internet connection if you plan on broadcasting or recording your mixes online (or even if you just download a lot of songs!).
6) A high quality sound system so that people will actually want to listen to what you’re playing!
Being a DJ is one of the coolest jobs in the world. Who doesn’t want to get paid to play great music and throw awesome parties? But getting started as a DJ can be intimidating – there’s a lot of equipment to learn about, and it can be hard to know where to start.
Luckily, we’ve put together this guide on the top 6 things you need to get started as a DJ.
1. Laptop or Desktop Computer: All professional DJs use computers in their live shows, and you’ll need one if you want to play at clubs or raves. We recommend getting a Macbook Pro, or any other computer with a large screen and plenty of storage space. The more gigs you play, the bigger your music collection will grow, so it’s good to get something big enough for thousands of songs.
2. Digital Audio Management Software: This is what you’ll use to organize your music library, record and edit mixes on your computer, and sync your music across all your devices. There are lots of options out there like iTunes or Media Monkey, but most DJs prefer Serato, Traktor, or Rekordbox because they’re specifically designed for DJing and have lots of cool tools for mixing tracks together seamlessly.
These days it seems like anyone with a laptop and a library of mp3s, can become an amateur DJ. But if you’re looking to take your DJing to the next level, and are considering becoming a professional DJ, there are some important things that you must have.
1. A good sense of rhythm: Essential for any musician, having a good sense of rhythm is especially important for DJs, as this will be the foundation of your beats.
2. An ear for music: Having an ear for music means being able to recognize what sounds great together, or what needs tweaking so that it will sound right on beat when mixed with another track.
3. The ability to read people’s moods: When you’re DJing at a club, you need to know how to keep people on their feet all night long. This means being able to read the crowd and moving from track-to-track based on the vibe in the room.
4. A passion for playing different styles of music: Whether you’re playing at an exclusive club opening or a more laid-back house party, you’ll need to know how to play a variety of genres so that everyone has something that they can enjoy listening to and dancing along with.
1. A laptop –
These days, you can do everything on a laptop, even if you have a separate mixer. You can use it to play music and manipulate the sound in real time using software that is compatible with your DJ controller.
2. DJ Controllers –
These are great for beginners and advanced DJs alike, since they allow you to mix and mash up songs physically! You don’t need any prior experience or knowledge of making beats or mixing songs together, because the controls are easy to use and intuitive.
3. Headphones –
You need a good pair of headphones to listen closely to your tracks before you play them out loud. This will also help you cue up songs faster when transitioning from one song into another seamlessly without any mistakes!
4. DJ Software –
There are many different kinds of software available for DJs today, but my favourite is Traktor Pro because it’s easy to learn how use this program and it has all the features I need in order make professional sounding mixes at home or on stage without having spend too much money upfront buying expensive hardware equipment like CDJs (CD players) which cost upwards $2000USD per unit plus tax/shipping costs etcetera…
1. DJ Software
A good DJ Software can do more than just playing your favorite music, it can be a creative tool to produce your own beats and mashups. A great software is key to become a successful DJ, so here are some of the top software you should definitely check out:
1. Serato DJ
2. Traktor Pro 2
3. Virtual DJ 8
5. Rekordbox DJ
6. Cross DJ
2. DJ Controller (or MIDI Controller)
A digital setup doesn’t mean you’ll lose that human touch, as there are many controllers designed for digital DJs that let you use knobs and faders to control the software. Controllers are convenient as they will allow you to use the software without needing a mouse or keyboard and it gives you control over the decks and mixer on one compact device. Want to learn more about controllers? Check out our Top 10 Best DJ Controllers!