There are many different genres of electronic dance music, but the one that has become predominant in the last 10 years is Vocal House.
This blog will feature my top 5 best vocal house tunes of 2017, in no particular order.
1. Kygo feat. Justin Jesso – Stargazing (Kaskade Remix)
2. Avicii feat. Sandro Cavazza – Without You (Cristian Poow & D-Trax Remix)
3. Zedd feat. Liam Payne – Get Low (ITP Remix)
4. Calvin Harris feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean – Feels (Joe Maz Remix)
5. Jonas Blue feat. William Singe – Mama (Offaiah Remix)
This blog is dedicated to vocal house music. I’m going to share with you my top 5 best vocal house tunes of 2017.
1. “Chasing Highs” by Alma x ALMA
2. “My Love” by Martin Solveig feat Ali Love
3. “I Feel It Coming” by The Weeknd feat Daft Punk
4. “Into You” by Ariana Grande
5. “All Night Parov Stelar Remix” by The Vamps & Matoma
I’ve compiled a list of some of the best vocal house tunes of 2017, many of which you may not have heard of. The genre has been around for decades and is still emerging as one of the most popular genres in electronic dance music. As such, it is important to understand how to find and listen to the best vocal house songs. This blog post will explain that, but first let me give you some background information on the genre.
The genre was born out of a need for more music to dance too. The problem with most genres at the time was that they were too fast paced and lacked melody. So DJs started playing slower tracks with more vocals on them, which allowed them to build up anticipation over several minutes before dropping into a beat that would make people move their bodies even more.
The first true vocal house tune was produced by DJ and producer Frankie Knuckles back in 1985 called “Your Love”. It featured vocals from Jamie Principle, who later went on to create another famous track called “Can You Feel It?”. Since then many other artists have created great vocal house songs including Daft Punk’s “One More Time”, David Guetta’s “When Love Takes Over” and Calvin Harris’ “I’m Not Alone”.
Here are my top 5 vocal house tunes of 2017.
1. Stay With Me – Alex Adair
2. Life Goes On – The Magician Feat. Brayton Bowman
3. Work It Out – Kungs Feat. Olly Murs & Coely
4. Love Me Better – James Blunt
5. Perfect to Me – Anne-Marie
For those who don’t know, a vocal house music is a mix of house beats and recorded vocals. All these songs below were released this year (2017). Some of them are more pop-ish, while others are more dance-oriented. Regardless of your taste, you will find something here to enjoy.
The list starts with my top 5 picks, then continues with other honorable mentions that didn’t make the cut.
1st Place: My personal favorite is “Without You” by Avicii feat. Sandro Cavazza. This song has a nice, simple melody and beautiful lyrics everyone can relate to: “I can’t be without you.”
2nd Place: My second choice is “So Good” by Louis Tomlinson feat. Bebe Rexha. It’s a happy, bouncy tune with catchy lyrics: “You make me feel so good!”
3rd Place: My third pick is “A Different Way” by DJ Snake feat. Lauv. Although it has a slower tempo than the previous two songs, its beautiful synths, catchy beat and amazing vocals from Lauv make up for it in full.
4th Place: The fourth place goes to “More Than You Know” by Axwell / Ingrosso.
Vocal house music is back in the Top 5! The last time it had such a presence was back in February with “Your Love” and “You’re Not Alone”.
I was very surprised to see that only three of the tracks featured on SoundCloud, because SoundCloud is usually where I find most of my vocal house music. However, I did find a couple of tracks on YouTube recently. So if you haven’t been using SoundCloud, maybe you should start.
As usual, these are the top five vocal house tunes according to my personal taste. They are not in any particular order. If you want to hear all of the tracks, I recommend visiting my YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiZ_q3lO9bCffPpfXgLrz0g
1) Hedo – Everytime (feat. Hanna) – https://soundcloud.com/hedo-music/everytime-feat-hanna-original-mix
2) Dusky – Cold Heart – https://soundcloud.com/duskymusic/dusky-cold-heart
3) Viceroy – Deep End – https://soundcloud.com/v
The blog is spot on with this list. Xilent – Children of the Night is a perfect example of how a vocal tune can be used to create a dark and serious atmosphere. You can listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7gZ1SzZV7w
The other tracks are also amazing!