Forget about the tree for a minute. The center of your holiday home decor will be the mantel, so that’s where you need to start.
If you have a fireplace and don’t use it, try adding a candle display or other decorations to make it look more inviting. If you do use your fireplace for warmth, add in some festive decorations like garland and candles as well.
From there, make sure you take a look at how your couch is set up and see if you could change something up to give your guests a better view of the fireplace. By creating an area dedicated to the holidays with the warmest part of your home as the focus, you’ll be ready to welcome holiday guests.
Another option is to create a cozy reading nook out of the corner by your fireplace by adding an oversized chair and decorating with throw pillows and fuzzy blankets. This will make your space feel more like a winter wonderland than ever before!
For more tips on how to get your home ready for the holidays, check out our blog page!
Ways to get your home ready for the holidays.
Anthropologie is one of my favorite stores. Their products are unique and beautiful and they have a lot of amazing holiday decor pieces. Unfortunately I can’t afford everything that I would like to buy from them but I do try to pick up a few things each year for my home. Their candles, pillows and ornaments are some of my favorite things from Anthro but I’ve also picked up some great decorative books that work well as decorations too. You can find most of their “home” products in their stores or online.
This year I picked up these pretty gold votives, this adorable reindeer ornament, these cute little paper houses (I plan on using them as tree decorations) and this cute Christmas book that looks like an ornament. I think all of these items were under $20 so it’s definitely possible to shop at Anthro without spending a fortune!
They also have a great sale section where you can find some really good deals so check that out before you go!!!
If you’re looking for more ideas on how to get your home ready for the holidays check out this post!
The holidays are here, and if you’re like me, you’re still trying to get your home ready for the big holiday parties. Here are some tips to help you get your home ready for the holiday season.
1. Make sure your guest room is ready for guests.
2. Clean up your home office if you have one so that it doubles as an extra bedroom.
3. Change out any furniture that may be damaged or worn and repair any holes in walls that could be visible when guests come over (this goes along with cleaning up all of those scratches from kids and pets).
4. Get some new decor at a local craft store or online retailer such as Etsy to add some festive flair to your living room and kitchen areas!
5. If you don’t have a fireplace, consider buying one of those electric ones that look real but don’t require any kind of chimney installation (or use this space for more storage).
6. Get rid of old clutter like magazines from months past or toys that are broken and no longer used; this will help open up some space during the hustle bustle of friends and family coming over throughout December!
There are many different ways to decorate your home for the holidays. Whether it’s Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or New Year’s Day, there is always a theme and a style to get inspired by. The holiday season can be a stressful time of year so we put together some tips to help you get your home ready for all of the festivities.
A lot of people like to decorate their homes with lights. A popular trend has been to go big or go home with the amount of lights strung across the roof or in trees outside. Inside, people are looking for something more subtle like stringing lights along shelves or across windows. Lights bring a nice aesthetic vibe to any room and can bring focus to your decorations.
Wreaths come in various shapes and sizes depending on what you’re looking for. Some people like small wreaths while some prefer large ones that take up the space on their front door. You can also decorate these with lights or fake snow depending on your style preference.
A centerpiece is a great way to tie everything together and add an extra sense of comfort and warmth (especially if you have an electric fireplace). You
To get your home ready for the holidays, start with the outside of your house. Decorate the entrance with garland and a wreath, to welcome your guests. Next, decorate your dining room table with a festive centerpiece and elegant place settings. Finally, add some holiday cheer to other rooms in your house, like the living room or kitchen.
During the holiday season, make sure to keep your home safe by using fire resistant decorations, keeping decorations away from fireplaces and radiators, and making sure you don’t overload electrical outlets. If you’re having a party, serve alcohol responsibly by offering non-alcoholic beverages and making sure underage guests don’t drink.
The holidays are just around the corner and you know what that means—holiday parties! You want your home to look festive and inviting, but you don’t know where to start. Make your home holiday-ready by following these quick tips:
1. One of the first steps to a beautifully decorated home is making sure it stays clean. Make sure you pick up any loose items laying around that might impede your decorating process.**
2. Pick a color scheme for the season. The holidays are a great time to play with different colors. Decorate your entryway with colorful garlands and wreaths, or place bright red bow on the lamp posts in your living room.**
3. Decorate each room with festive flair by placing holiday candles around your home. If you have pets, be sure to blow out any lit candles when they are not in use!**
4. Put together a cozy nook in one of the rooms in your house. This is a great way to entertain guests during holiday parties and family gatherings.**
5. Don’t forget about using scents throughout your home as well! Create an aroma that will remind family and friends of the holidays by lighting up some peppermint or
There are several things you can do to make your house festive for the holidays. Below are some tips for making the inside of your home warm and ready for entertaining.
CANDLES: Candles can make any room feel cozy and inviting. You can use them in a variety of ways including decorating the mantle, putting them in a bowl on the table, using them in a centerpiece, lining them down a stairway, or even hanging them from the ceiling.
THROW BLANKETS: A good rule of thumb when decorating is to always have something soft and cozy to snuggle up with. Throw blankets are perfect because they can be used to cover tables, chairs, couches, benches, etc.
HOLIDAY SCENTS: Another way to make your home feel warm and inviting is with scents such as cookies baking, hot chocolate with marshmallows, pine cones and more. These smells make people think of family so you want them lingering in your home when guests arrive.
FRESH GREENS: One of the easiest ways to decorate is by using fresh greens such as pines and evergreens. You can incorporate these into flower arrangements or just place them around the house on shelves or tables with ornaments hanging from