After our last article, “The Art Of Remixing”, we received a number of requests for some more tips on how to make remixes. So without further ado, we present here: 7 Tips For DJ’s To Rock That Perfect Remix.
1) Research the original artist.
Knowing the roots of the artist you are remixing is very important in order to understand their style and where they are coming from. This will help you to understand not only how to make their track better but also how to be more creative with your remix and make it more unique.
2) Be familiar with the genre.
Knowing the genre of music that you are working with will help you decide what to do with the track as a whole when you are making your remix. When reworking a track, being familiar with the genre will help you decide what parts to keep and what parts to change, in order to better fit that style of music.
3) Know your audience.
When you are making a remix, knowing who is going to hear it is going to help you decide whether or not your arrangement is appropriate for the style of music and who it is intended for. While one song may be great for a club environment, another could be better
We all know the feeling. The track is playing, the crowd is moving and you’re feeling the groove. You’ve tested this new remix you made in your bedroom on your friends and they loved it! Now is your chance to show the world what you’re capable of, but then your tracks suddenly start clipping. Your bass is distorted and the treble sounds like a toy. You don’t have time to fix it because you’re already on stage, so you have no choice but to play the track at a lower volume.
You turn to look at the audience and see that everyone has stopped dancing because they can barely hear your music anymore! As everyone turns their backs on you in disappointment, a hot wave of humiliation washes over you…
I’ve been there too, and I know how embarrassing it can be when things go wrong with sound equipment during a gig. Luckily, I figured out some ways to avoid these kinds of situations in my live sets.
So if you want to learn how I get my DJ sets sounding just as good as my tracks do in my bedroom (or even better), check out these 7 tips for rocking that perfect remix!
In the world of electronic dance music, DJ’s are always looking for ways to get their remixes noticed. Whether you’re trying to break into the industry and make a name for yourself or you just want to impress your friends with your sick beats, these seven tips will help you create that perfect remix.
1. Find the right track- You can’t make a great remix if you don’t have a good song to start with. The first step is finding a track that has potential: something with catchy lyrics and a good beat that you think people would like.
2. Check out other remixes- Before you start working on your own remix, it can be helpful to listen to what other people have done already so you get an idea of what works and what doesn’t work for this particular song.
3. Don’t change too much- While there are no rules when it comes to making music, there is such thing as changing too much in a remix. Think about the original song and what makes it so good; then think about how you can add your own twist without taking away from that original goodness too much!
4. Play around with tempos- One of the most important aspects of
One of the most popular areas in the electronic music world, is a remix. For many years now, DJs and producers from around the world, have been creating their own unique versions of songs, remixing them and adding their own personal touch to the original. Although, remixing can be a difficult task and some would argue that it’s not as easy as it sounds, there are a few simple tips to keep in mind when producing your next track.
1. Make sure you choose a good song to remix!
2. Keep it simple and remember less is more!
3. Make sure to use all elements of the song!
4. Always use high quality samples!
5. Be creative and innovative, but don’t overdo it!
6. Don’t forget to master your track!
7. Get feedback from other DJ’s and producers!
On first blush, the remix might seem like an easy gig. You simply take an existing song, find a way to make it sound different, and you’re done. Well, not quite.
Anyone who has ever tried their hand at remixing knows that it’s actually pretty hard work. Not only do you have to master the art of music production, but you also have to take a good song and turn it into something awesome. It’s no wonder why most of the time a remix sounds like just another cover version of the original song.
If you are interested in making your own remixes, here are 7 tips from industry experts that will help you come up with the perfect remix:
1) Focus on one or two elements of the original song – If you want to create something that will stand out from other remixes and be taken seriously by listeners and DJs, then keep it simple and focus on either one or two elements of the original track. This works especially well if the original track is very complex or has a lot of instruments playing at once. In this case, pick an element (e.g., bassline) that is central to the song and use it as your focal point. Then build upon this element
1. Don’t be a sheep, don’t follow the masses, think out of the box.
2. If you are trying to remix an already successful track, be prepared for a lot of competition and a lot of people to hate on your remix because they may not like your interpretation, so don’t take it personally.
3. Your remix doesn’t have to be better than the original, just make it different and give it your own style.
4. Make sure you have enough time on your hands to work on the track as it can get very time consuming and frustrating at times.
5. Don’t over complicate things, keep it simple and creative in order not to lose the attention of the listener
6. Get feedback from friends and other DJ’s before releasing it into the wild.
7. Use samples or vocals that are already familiar with the listeners.
In the past I have written about creating original music and how to write a hit EDM song. Today I am going to discuss something slightly different, remixing. Remixing can be a great way for beginning producers to get their name out there, gain exposure and potentially make some money.
In this article I am going to discuss 7 tips for remixing songs, how to choose which song you want to remix and how to promote your finished product.
To start with let’s look at what remixing is and why it can be an excellent starting point for new producers.