Electronic Dance Music (EDM) has been around for several decades now and is becoming more popular each year. EDM originated in American discos of 1970s and has since spread to the rest of the world.
EDM is characterized by a strong beat and fast tempo. It is played at raves, DJ bars, nightclubs, electronic music festivals and other types of events.
In this article we will discuss five tips for enjoying EDM.
1. Wear Comfortable Shoes- One of most important things you can do when going to an EDM event is to make sure you have comfortable shoes on. EDM events involve dancing and lots of it, so it is important to wear something that will not hurt your feet after a few hours of non-stop dancing.
2. Bring Earplugs- Most EDM events are held in large venues with big sound systems and lots of bass, which can be extremely loud at times. Bring earplugs if you plan on attending an event like this so you can enjoy the music without worrying about harming your ears or having trouble hearing afterwards.
3. Get There Early- Getting there early means you won’t have to wait in line for hours and will get inside
EDM is short for Electronic Dance Music and has become a popular genre of music today. EDM songs are made in a recording studio rather than being performed live. The EDM scene is constantly changing and evolving as DJs come up with new ways to create music and as new DJ’s enter the industry.
5 Tips for Enjoying EDM
When you’re first getting into the world of EDM, it can be overwhelming. For one thing, there are many different types of EDM and it can be hard to know where to start. You may have heard about artists like Skrillex or Deadmau5 and wondered what their music sounds like if they don’t perform live shows? This article will give you some tips on how to enjoy yourself at an EDM show without feeling overwhelmed by the experience!
5 Tips for Enjoying EDM
Tip 1: Don’t focus on the lyrics.
As you’re listening, ignore any lyrical content that isn’t spoken by the vocalist. I know that sounds weird, but it will help you to enjoy electronic dance music more.
For example, if you listen to a song like “The Veldt” by deadmau5, it’s easy to get caught up in what Chris James is singing about. And while there may be some truth in what he says, the lyrics are a distraction from the music.
It’s better to ignore the words and focus on how the other elements of the song make you feel.
If you’ve never been to a rave or festival, then you might be confused by the fact that people are always talking about the music. But there are several ways to enjoy a show besides watching the DJ; you can get lost in the crowd, dance with friends, and even drink alcohol.
But if you’re not into it, then you’ll probably end up just standing there waiting for something to happen… or worse yet: getting bored! There’re many things going on at these events so if you’re newbie make sure that you’re ready.
You might think it’s hard to get lost in a crowd full of people who are all wearing earplugs but it’s actually quite easy because each person is so focused on their own music that they’re not paying attention to anyone else. It’s like walking through an airport while everyone else is talking; they don’t notice each other so much as stare out into space.
The easiest way I’ve found for enjoying EDM shows is dancing with someone who knows what they are doing!
1. Find a friend who loves EDM
This is crucial. Finding many friends who love EDM is even better. You need people to talk to about your music and the scene because you will be extremely excited about it and you will want other people to feel the same way or at least listen to you without rolling their eyes until they bleed.
2. Pick a subgenre of EDM that you like
EDM is a very broad term encompassing many different genres of dance music, so you must figure out what type of music you want to focus on. It’s easy to start with mainstream electronic dance music such as house or dubstep because there are plenty of resources for finding new songs and artists from these genres. However, it can be more rewarding to explore lesser known subgenres such as hardstyle, trance, or drum & bass because these genres have devoted fanbases who will gladly help newcomers learn more about them.
3. Go to shows
If there are any EDM shows coming up in your area, go! Most cities have at least one club that plays electronic dance music, so check those places first for upcoming events. If there aren’t any shows in your area, try going to bigger cities nearby where your favorite artists are
1. Don’t take any prescription medications before going to an EDM festival
2. Don’t buy drugs from anybody at a festival
3. Prepare for the festival before you go there
4. Pace yourself and try to stay hydrated throughout the entire show
5. Be prepared for long lines when using the bathroom
1. If you like a song, you will dance to it.
2. If you don’t like a song, perhaps you can find its beat and enjoy the rhythm.
3. Make sure that if you are dancing, you have enough room around you to have fun without bothering others.
4. Enjoy the music but be careful of your surroundings!
5. Remember to always stay hydrated!