Psychedelic electronic music is a genre of music that is created using various kinds of equipment and technology. The genre can also incorporate elements from house, trance and techno.
Psychedelic electronic music is one of the most popular genres today. It’s not just about the music but it’s a lifestyle as well. The genre has been around for many years now and has evolved so much that it has become a cultural phenomenon.
Psychedelic electronic music has many different styles and sub-genres, but they all have one thing in common: they are all unique! There are so many different ways to describe what psychedelic electronic music is and why people like it so much.
There are some great bands out there who produce amazing psychedelic electronic music, but if you don’t know where to start then here are five recommendations to listen to psychedelic electronic music!
Psychedelic electronic music is, as the name implies, a genre of music which is psychedelic in nature. Electronic music has been around for a long time now and has evolved into the modern day genre of EDM (Electronic Dance Music). While EDM comprises of a wide variety of sub genres that include trance and house, psychedelic electronic music or Psy-Trance is one such sub genre of electronic music that deserves special mention. Psy-Trance is a sub genre of trance and it is characterized by hypnotic rhythms and basslines, fast beats and retro sounds. The use of classic analog synthesizers and keyboards is quite common in Psy-Trance.
Psychedelic electronic music originated with Goa trance in the early 1990s. A lot of psychedelic musicians are also inspired by various genres like Industrial, Acid House, Techno, Dubstep and others. While psy-trance can be listened to all through the year, it is best experienced during festivals like Burning Man or other psychedelic festivals.
If you want to listen to some good psychedelic electronic music then here are 5 recommendations:
Here are a few recommendations to listen to Psychedelic Electronic Music. The list is not exhaustive, but rather a selection of my favorite artists and tracks.
The music is more or less intense, some of them can be really expansive. I suggest you to listen to it in a calm environment, in order to fully enjoy the music.
1. Shpongle – Divine Moments of Truth (from Are You Shpongled?)*
2. Solar Fields – Blue Moon Station (from Leaving Home)*
3. Bluetech – Dusk To Dawn (from Sines And Singularities)*
4. Carbon Based Lifeforms – VLA (from Interloper)*
5. Boards of Canada – Turquoise Hexagon Sun (from Music Has The Right To Children)*
Psychedelic Electronic Music is the very niche genre of music which was born from the new age of psychedelia in the late 1960s. The first psychedelic album was Piper at the Gates of Dawn, by Pink Floyd. Before that, psychedelic rock was only a subgenre of rock music, in which many artists and bands experimented with psychedelic elements.
However, after 1967, it became much more popular and widespread and has been popular ever since. It’s even more popular nowadays, but many people don’t know where and how to listen to it.
If you’re interested in psychedelia, check out these places where you can find psychedelic electronic music!
1. Soundcloud – If you have not already realized that Soundcloud is a great place to find all kinds of underground music, then this is your chance to do so. There are numerous accounts on SC dedicated entirely to psychedelic electronic music, such as Psymbionic and Psymposia Records.
2. Bandcamp – Here you will find some of the best psychedelic electronic music albums, but they aren’t free to download or stream (except for a few songs). You can still listen to most albums for free, but if you like them you’ll have to pay for them (usually about $10 for most
I was searching for psychedelic electronic music, but I didn’t know where to start. So I asked a random guy on the internet for recommendations and he wrote me an email:
1. Layers of Reality
2. Holographic Universe
3. Dividing Consciousness
4. The Waking Dream
5. Living in the Void
That’s it? That doesn’t seem like enough information. I’m looking for some good music to listen to (I’m hoping that you know some). Where should I start?
Psychedelic music is a music genre inspired or influenced by psychedelic culture and attempts to replicate and enhance the mind-altering experiences of psychedelic drugs. It often uses new recording techniques and effects and draws on non-Western sources such as the ragas and drones of Indian music.
Psychedelic rock reached its peak in the last years of the decade. During this time, the first major psychedelic rock groups came into existence; The Beatles, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and The Byrds being among them. Some of these groups would later be described as ‘acid rock’.
Instruments commonly used in psychedelic music include: electric guitar, drums, bass guitar, Hammond organ, sitar, tabla drumming, flute, mellotron and other electronic instruments.
If you want to discover this kind of music you can start with these 5 artists: RY X – Moses Sumney – Maribou State – Moderat – Caribou
1. Tame Impala: Tame Impala are a psychedelic band from Perth, Australia. Kevin Parker, the singer and songwriter, writes all of the music for the band. If you like psychedelic music and you haven’t heard of them, then get to listening! Their latest album Lonerism is fantastic; it’s full of trippy tunes that will get your head bobbing.
2. Diplo: Diplo is an electronic DJ and producer from Los Angeles who is best known for his work with Major Lazer as well as his solo work. He is also known for collaborating with artists such as Lil Jon and Usher, as well as producing tracks for M.I.A., among others.
3. The xx: The xx are an indie pop band from London, England who have been making music together since 2005. Their debut album “xx” was released in 2009, followed by “Coexist” in 2012. The band consists of lead vocalist/guitarist Romy Madley Croft, bassist/producer Jamie Smith (also known as Jamie XX), and drummer/percussionist Oliver Simms (also known as Oli).
4. Phantogram: Phantogram are an electronic duo from New